This is a great salad to make at the beginning of the week and eat it as is or add some pasture-raised organic chicken or wild salmon.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 TBSP fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 15-oz can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (look for BPA-free cans)
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (look for BPA-free cans)
- 1 ½ cups bell pepper, chopped (any color, or mixed!)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa – homemade or buy from Whole Foods (see recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning with pepper
Combine parsley, garlic and lime juice in salad bowl, mix gently.
Stir in next six ingredients and toss gently.
Chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
Stir once before serving.