makes 8 - 12 servings
1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and sliced into 2" pieces
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2" slices
1 small onion
½ head of cauliflower, chopped
8 cups of vegetable stock
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Sea salt - a pinch/ or to taste
Cinnamon - a pinch/ or to taste
Maple syrup - just a "swirl" / or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place butternut squash and sweet potato in baking dish with olive oil, salt, and cinnamon.
- Roast in oven for about 20-25 minutes, turn slices over and continue cooking for about 20 more minutes until soft. (makes a great veggie dish as is)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil in on medium heat and sauté onions, cauliflower and sea salt until soft.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked butternut squash and sweet potato.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, lower heat and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Puree soup with immersion (hand held stick) blender, or transfer to a food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sea salt and cinnamon to taste.
- Swirl maple syrup into puree.
- Mix again briefly with immersion blender.
- Serve and Enjoy!