Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups fresh mango, diced (about 2 medium mangoes)
- 1/4 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion or shallot
- 1 Serrano or habanero (if you like it hot!) pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes or until fully chilled in refrigerator.
Serve over fish, chicken , in tacos, or just enjoy with plantain chips.