makes about 4 servings
1 sweet potato and or squash
2 turnips or 1 large rutabaga
1 daikon radish
2 small beets or 1 medium beet
4 garlic cloves, crushed and roughly chopped
2-3 tbsp olive oil (more if needed)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp each fresh rosemary and thyme (1/2 tsp each if dried)
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash, peel and chop all vegetables into large bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil & vinegar and add salt, pepper and herbs; mix well to coat each vegetable lightly.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are tender and golden brown, checking every 10 minutes to stir and make sure veggies are not sticking.
Note: Any combination of root vegetables will work. Roasting only one kind of vegetable also makes a nice side dish.