This is a great seasonal veggie dish that works well as a side but is also hearty enough as a vegan or vegetarian main dish (I double the recipe if using it as a main).
- 6 Morels, Quartered lengthwise
- 2 Cups Asparagus, chopped into 1 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 Cup Shallots, finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons Amontillado Sherry or dry white wine
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Virgin, Organic Grass-Fed Ghee or Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Thyme, fresh (or 1 tsp if using dried)
- 1 tsp Lemon zest, freshly grated
- Pink Himalayan salt or sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Red pepper flakes
- Truffle Oil
- Organic grass-fed butter instead of olive oil
- In a large sauté pan, heat coconut oil on medium heat. Sauté morels, shallots, thyme, and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add sherry/wine and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and slightly tender but still crunchy.
- Toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and taste to make sure seasoning is to your taste.
- Sprinkle top of dish with lemon zest and serve.