Here's a paleo version of chips and guac, just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
- 2 Organic Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Organic Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Organic Avocados (peeled and mashed)
- 1/2 Organic Mango (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup Organic Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Organic Limes (juiced)
- Sea/Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375. Starting at one end of the sweet potato, use a mandolin slicer or very sharp knife to cut into rounds as thinly as possible. Try to be consistent with how thin you slice them so they bake evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and season with some sea salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato rounds across the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness or until golden brown.
- While sweet potato chips cook, assemble the guac by combining avocado, mango, red onion, cayenne, lime juice, sea salt and black pepper. Mix and mash with a fork until creamy. Store in fridge until ready to eat.
- Place a dollop of guac on each baked sweet potato chip. Enjoy!
- Less Carbs: Skip the sweet potato and serve with sliced organic radishes.
- Spice it Up: Add more cayenne pepper
- Keep it Crispy: If chips lose their crispiness overtime, throw them back into the oven at 350 for 5 to 10 minutes.