This hearty, nourishing soup is a great way to get in tons of low FODMAP veggies in a more easily digestible way. Use all organic ingredients and eliminate any ingredients you know you can't tolerate.
- 2qt organic chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- 1 lg red bell pepper
- 4 sunburst squash
- 2 carrots
- 1 - 18oz jar of organic diced tomatoes (Jovial)
- 1 - 10oz package frozen organic baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro + leaves for garnish
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp ghee (organic, grass-fed)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt (add more to taste)
- 3-4 Tbsp collagen (I use Vital Proteins or Great Lakes)
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Bring broth to a boil.
- While broth is heating, chop all veggies and herbs roughly.
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to hot broth and bring back to a boil.
- Cook veggies for about 5 minutes or until very tender.
- Turn off heat and use a hand blender to purée soup until very smooth.
- Stir in extra virgin olive oil, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Store leftover soup in resealable glass containers, never in plastic.