I made these nuts for my segment on New Day NW's Wellness Wednesday where I shared snacks that help you avoid that afternoon energy crash and keep you alert and productive all day.
These nuts are SO easy and quick to make and they're a delicious snack to bring to work or serve at parties. Just a small handful of these are super satisfying and will keep your energy up, versus a high sugar snack that will have you crashing an hour later.
I've used a mix of nuts here but you can use a single type of nut if you prefer. Pecans are my favorite!
1 cup Almonds (raw)
1 cup Walnuts (raw)
1 cup Pecans (raw)
1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp Raw Honey
1/4 tsp Chipotle Powder (Use cayenne if you can't find chipotle powder)
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Rosemary (finely chopped)
2 tsp Marsala Wine (Sweet marsala is best)
1/8 tsp Liquid Stevia (Or about 6 drops)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or brush with a little grapeseed oil.
- In a small saucepan, heat the grapeseed oil with the honey, marsala and salt, stirring until hot but not bubbling.
- In a bowl, combine the nuts with the chipotle powder, and rosemary. Pour the oil and honey mixture into the bowl and stir until the nuts are well coated.
- Spread the nuts evenly in a single layer over the baking sheet/pan and roast in the oven for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove the nuts and stir them well, and rearrange them into a single layer.
- Roast for another 5-8 minutes or until they are golden brown. Be careful not to burn them!
- Remover from oven and allow the nuts to cool completely on the pan. Break them apart and store them in an airtight container for up to 10 days.