This is a delicious, versatile and hearty recipe that you can make any time of year. Serve it with a side of veggies as a main course or prep it ahead and chop up the chicken to throw in salads, soups and stir fries. Enjoy!
• 4 organic, pasture-raised boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Juice of 1 organic lemon
• 2 TBSP grated organic lemon rind
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp fresh organic rosemary
• 2 TBSP organic, extra virgin olive oil
• 2 TBSP Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos
• 1/4 organic onion, thinly sliced
• ½ carton of organic crimini mushrooms
• Himalayan / sea salt & black pepper to taste
• 1 TBSP fresh organic parsley
• 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil or grass-fed ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a deep baking pan/dish with coconut oil or ghee.
- In a food processor or blender combine the lemon, garlic, rosemary, and liquid aminos.
- Place chicken breasts face down in the baking pan/dish, brush with lemon garlic mixture and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread onion, parsley and mushrooms over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, then turn the chicken breasts over and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to over and continue cooking for another 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the chicken on plates or a serving platter and use tongs to top them with the mushroom mixture before serving.
You can double this recipe to use in a variety of meal options throughout the week.