I have always been a devout coffee drinker, and even though I just had one cup in the morning, I enjoyed every rich, roasty sip. But sadly, coffee turned on me and it just doesn't sit well with me like it used to. I feel acidic and jittery and just plain off, so I set out to find a new morning cuppa. While I do enjoy a strong cup of Earl Grey with almond milk now and then, tea is usually not rich and full-flavored enough for me, and I miss the creamy goodness of my dark roast espresso and coconut cream. This is when matcha came to my rescue!
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Green Tea Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Butter
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey (optional)
- In your blender, combine the hot water, coconut milk, matcha, coconut butter, and raw honey (if using). Blend until creamy and frothy. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- Coconut Butter: Made from the ground meat of a coconut, it is sweeter and creamier than coconut oil. It's sold at most grocery stores and health food stores. Alternatively, you can use coconut oil instead.
- More Protein: Add a scoop of collagen or gelatin protein.
- No Added Sugar: Eliminate honey or use stevia or monk fruit sweetener instead.
- Make it Vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey.