Chocolate and cherries. Need I say more?
This smoothie calls for more fruit than I usually add, so you may want to use less cherries if you're being strict about your sugar intake.
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 cup Organic Cherries (fresh and pitted, or frozen)
- 1-2 Tbsp Organic, Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Serving Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder (I like the Orgain Vegan Creamy Chocolate Fudge, or the Vega Clean Chocolate Protein)
- 1 cup Organic Baby Spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Organic Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend very well until smooth.
- Divide into glasses and enjoy!
- Extra Chocolate: Add more cacao powder.
- Extra Thick: Use less non-dairy milk or add ground flax seeds or chia seeds.
- No Almonds: Use coconut, hemp, or flax milk and sunflower seed butter instead.
- No Protein Powder: Use a blend of 2-4 Tbsp hemp seeds and and additional 1-2 Tbsp organic, raw cacao powder instead.