This quick and easy recipe tastes as good as it looks and is sure to impress at holiday parties. The key here is to use good quality chocolate, and to melt it over a bain marie (water bath). Trust me on this one and don't get in a hurry or try to use a microwave to melt your chocolate. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces (200 grams) Organic Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pistachios (shelled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the pomegranate seeds, pistachios and coconut flakes in bowls.
- Fill one large pot with water and place a smaller pot inside. Bring to a boil then reduce to lowest heat. Ensure no water is able to escape into the smaller pot! Break the dark chocolate into pieces and add it to the smaller pot. Stir continuously just until melted. Remove from stove top immediately once melted. Do not overheat as this will cause the chocolate to get lumpy.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet. Use a spatula to smooth the chocolate into an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick. Quickly sprinkle the pomegranate seeds evenly over top, followed by the pistachios and finally the coconut. Transfer to the fridge or freezer and let chill for 20 to 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Once the chocolate is firm, break or cut it into pieces. Enjoy!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer and use wax paper to separate the layers.