In celebration of healthy fats and my recent foray into all things ketogenic, I'm sharing my latest keto treats with you. These puppies are sure to satisfy even the worst sweet tooth, and they're so rich that it's hard to eat more than one or two. Give them a try and let me know if you find them as irresistible as I do!
- 1 cup Pistachio Meats, ground into pistachio butter
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened plus additional 2 Tablespoons to coat truffles.
- 3 Tablespoons Monk Fruit Sweetener (I recommend Lakanto or Pure Monk)
- 1 Teaspoon Maple extract (use vanilla if you can't find maple)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Place pistachios in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan heat nut butters and coconut oil until the mixture becomes easy to stir. Add in the monk fruit and stir until well combined.
- Mix well and add extracts and salt, stirring until well mixed. Do not overheat!
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded coconut.
- Chill mixture in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop and roll into 1-inch diameter balls. Roll truffles in shredded coconut and place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving. Store in fridge or freezer.
Makes about 16 pieces.