Makes 16 Squares
- 2 cups Pitted Dates (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews (soaked for 1 hour and drained)
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes, Unsweetened
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Create the crust by combining half of the dates and all of the cashews and coconut flakes together in a food processor. Process until a thick, evenly distributed mixture forms.
- Line a square brownie pan with parchment paper and press the crust mixture down evenly into the dish. Take some time to really pack it in there so the crust doesn't crumble.
- Take the remaining dates and finely chop them. Place chopped dates in a saucepan with the water and vanilla and place over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until a thick gooey mixture forms. Remove from heat and stir in about 3/4 of the pecans. Then transfer mix into the baking dish over top of the crust. Press the remaining pecans evenly into the top to make it pretty.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before lifting the parchment paper out of the dish and cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Make it Boozy: Add 1-2 tablespoons bourbon, or dark rum