Save your seeds after carving your pumpkin and make this fun and easy recipe. You'll have a healthy alternative to candy to snack on and you won't waste those wonderfully nutritious seeds!
Makes 8 - 1/4 cup Servings
- 2 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds (rinsed and dried)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
- Preheat oven to 300 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well. Spread seeds evenly across the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Remove pumpkin seeds from the oven and let cool. Break into pieces and enjoy!
- Best Results: This recipe was created and tested using fresh pumpkin seeds, but you can use leftover seeds from any type of squash.
- No Fresh Seeds: Use store-bought raw pumpkin seeds instead. Since they have already been dried, cut the time in the oven down to 30 minutes.
- Storage: Once completely cooled, store in an air-tight container at room temperature.