We used to think of deviled eggs as a throwback 1970's party food, but they've recently experience a comeback. I forgot how delicious and convenient these bad boys can be and they are super easy to make.
This recipe is from my 21-day Reboot program and it's a crowd pleaser. Serve these at your next party or just enjoy them as a protein and healthy fat rich snack.
4 Egg (hard boiled)
1 stalk Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 Cucumber (sliced)
2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with enough cold water to cover them (they should sit in a single layer). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover the pan; let sit for 13 minutes (15 minutes if you’re cooking a dozen).
- Drain the eggs, then transfer to a bowl of ice water. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, peel the eggs and slice them in half. Remove the yolk and add it to a bowl.
- Add in the avocado, mustard and green onion. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Mix and mash very well and then spoon the mixture back into the eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika and enjoy!