These bars are a great DIY snack or grab and go breakfast option. Loaded with clean protein and healthy fats, these babies will keep you satisfied and energized for hours. Whip up a batch and let me know what you think.
• 1 cup toasted organic pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
• ½ cup sesame seeds
• 1 TBSP raw honey
• ¼ cup raw organic cashews
• 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
• 2 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1 tsp organic almond milk, unsweetened
• ½ cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I recommend Genuine Health Vegan Proteins+ or Sunwarrior Warrior Blend)
• 1 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon each ground organic nutmeg, clove, ginger, allspice
• ¼ to ½ cup organic pumpkin puree, canned (no sugar added) or fresh
• 2 TBSP raw organic pumpkin seeds
For the Garnish:
- Lay the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet in single layer; bake at 350o F for 5 minutes or until toasted light brown.
- Remove from oven and scoop into a bowl; set aside.
For the Bars:
- Blend the sesame seeds and raw honey in a food processor until smooth; set aside in small bowl.
- Put all remaining ingredients in the food processor and pulse until chunky-smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in the sesame-honey mixture and combine until well-blended.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper OR coat lightly with coconut oil and spoon the batter into the baking dish. If the mixture is too sticky, add a small amount of water, about a teaspoon at a time. Make sure the batter stays thick, not runny!
- Spread the batter evenly onto the pan and press the top of the batter with the roasted pumpkin seed garnish.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until solid. Remove and cut into 16 mini bars and serve cold.