These delicious and satisfying muffins are a great breakfast option or sweets craving fix. Try making your own variation by adding nuts or using different spices.
Makes 12 muffins
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 cup almond butter, unsweetened
1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I like Genuine Health Vegan Proteins+ or Sun Warrior Blend)
2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 ½ tsp baking powder, aluminum-free
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp organic vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
2 large eggs, pasture-raised, organic, soy-free
- Preheat your oven to 350° F
- Spray or coat 12 cupcake rounds with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, almond butter, eggs, vanilla & almond extracts, coconut palm sugar and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, add dry ingredients to wet and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased cupcake rounds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (they take 20 minutes in my convection oven).
- Allow to cool for several minutes after removing from oven.
- Remove from muffin pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Add ½ cup chopped pecans & 2 Tbsp candied ginger, finely chopped
Add ½ cup chopped walnuts and 2 ripe, mashed bananas in place of the pumpkin