Sometimes we all need some crunchy, salty finger food. These tasty "fries" provide that fix while keeping your nutrition on track. They are also a great kid-friendly option and are especially appealing when served like french fries wrapped in parchment and served in a milk glass. Enjoy!
12 oz organic Haricot Verts (these skinny French green beans work best for this recipe), washed, trimmed and dried thoroughly (if beans are moist they will be soggy instead of crunchy)
1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup organic grated Parmesan cheese
Chili flakes (to taste) or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment
- Mix salt, pepper and spices together in a small bowl
- Toss beans with olive oil and spices in a large bowl and mix well until beans are coated.
- Arrange beans in single layer on baking sheet
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crisp and allow beans to cool a bit before serving