I often have people ask me, "Why do you need such an enormous gym bag?" (It's big enough to smuggle a toddler onto a plane) and, "What on earth do you have in that thing?"
The answer to the first question is that I have a 30-minute commute from my house, so if I forget something I'm S.O.L. God forbid I would end up at a class without a hair tie, or worse, forget deodorant that morning! So just to be safe, I keep it all packed with me.
Here are the items I just can't live without before, during, or after a workout:
- Basis So Refreshing Facial Cleansing Cloths - Workout with makeup melting off my face? No.
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream SPF 30 - Awesome for outdoor workouts when you need protection and just enough sheer coverage.
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Unscented Deodorant - Aluminum & paraben-free stank prevention that really works.
- SweetTies Hair Ties - Made here in Seattle!
- Lightweight Cross-Training Shoes - More versatile than running shoes.
- Yoga Mat - Also doubles as a beach blanket or furniture pad when moving.
- Nalgene 32 oz BPA Free Water Bottle - I like small mouth bottles since I have a tendency to spill water everywhere during a workout. No bueno.
- Extra Headphones - Sweat without my music? I can't. I just can't.
- Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Castile Soap - Best. Stuff. Ever.
- Healthy Hoohoo pH Balanced Natural Feminine Wipes - Gotta keep things fresh.
- Krav Maga Worldwide Elastic Hand Wraps - They make me look like a badass while learning how to be a badass. I've heard they protect my wrists too.
- Flip Flops - Gym locker room floors... eeewwwww!
- Vega Vibrancy Bar - In case I'm starving but don't want to eat something too heavy before my workout.
- Blender Bottle - Great for travel or any time a shake on the go is needed.
- Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator - To maximize results & recovery after an intense workout. Now aren't you glad you have that Blender Bottle? Just add water.
Maybe one day I'll be one of those women who waltzes into the gym with nothing but her keys and a water bottle. But for now, I will happily schlep back and forth with "Big Bertha", basking in the serenity of over-preparation.