This is a quick and delicious recipe that's always a crowd pleaser. I love to add a little heat to it with organic sriracha and enjoy it on the patio with a glass of dry riesling.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 White Onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Tamari or Liquid Aminos (Bragg's or Coconut Secret)
- 2 heads Boston Lettuce (peeled apart into leaves and washed)
- 3 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1/4 cup Cashews or Macadamia Nuts (chopped)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Lime (sliced into wedges)
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, ginger, sea salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add in the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add in the ground turkey and break it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and browned, add in the tamari. Continue to saute until it is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the centre of a lettuce leaf, drizzle with a little sesame oil and top with green onion, carrots and chopped cashews or macadamias. Squeeze a lime wedge over the top, wrap and enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings
No Ground Turkey: Use ground chicken or white fish instead.
Vegan and Vegetarian: Use lentils instead of ground meat.
Soy-Free: Use Coconut Aminos instead of Tamari
Nut-Free: Garnish with toasted sesame seeds instead of cashews.
Spice It Up: Add hot sauce or chili flakes.