I love this smoothie because it's delicious, refreshing and it gives me just enough of a caffeine lift without wiring me like coffee sometimes can. Try it as a smoothie or mix it up and make a smoothie bowl instead.
- 1/2 Cucumber (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups organic Baby Spinach or Kale
- 1 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder (use organic Japanese Matcha if possible)
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds/Hearts
- 10 oz Unsweetened Coconut Milk (full fat
- 1 serving vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Orgain for this recipe)
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- No Coconut Milk: Use hemp, almond, or flax milk instead.
- Make it a Smoothie Bowl: add 1/2 an avocado, reduce non-dairy milk to 8 oz and blend, adding more milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Top with chopped macadamia nuts, slivered almond, pecans, black sesame seeds and/or unsweetened shredded coconut. You can also top it with whipped coconut cream for an extra decadent treat.