I love soup! I don't know about you but to me soup is the ultimate comfort food. This recipe using spring veggies is a cleaned up, lighter version of the Greek avgolemono soup. Try it out and comment below with your thoughts.
• 64 oz. organic, free-range chicken or vegetable broth
• Juice of 1 organic lemon
• 4-6 organic artichoke hearts – water-packed, chopped
• ½ package of organic mushrooms, chopped
• 1/2 bunch organic asparagus, chopped
• 1 organic, pasture-raised egg
• 1 cooked organic, pasture-raised chicken breast chopped or torn
• 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
- Heat broth in a large pot to simmering.
- Add chopped artichokes, uncooked mushrooms and asparagus.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the egg and add the lemon juice. Slowly pour ½ cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture and stir. Then slowly pour the egg mixture back into the pot and stir into the soup.
- Add the chicken and cooked quinoa.
- Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes and serve hot.
Makes about 8-10 servings. Can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for one month.