Makes 3-4 Servings
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 2 Tbsps Maple Syrup
- 0.3 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 cups Green Beans (washed and trimmed)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced into wedges
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper sauté them until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Whisk together the maple syrup, dijon mustard, dried basil, paprika, sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour over chicken thighs and use a large spoon or spatula to toss well until chicken is coated. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- About 5 minutes before serving, place the green beans in a steamer basket over simmering water and cover with a lid. Let beans simmer for 3 - 4 minutes, or just until tender and bright green but still crunchy.
- When cooked toss the beans in olive oil, sea salt and black pepper to taste. Squeeze a lemon wedge over the beans for a little zing.
- Divide green beans between plates and top with maple mustard chicken. Enjoy!
- No Chicken Thighs: Use chicken breast or drumsticks instead.
- Save Time: Combine the chicken and marinade in a large zip lock baggie ahead of time. Shake well to mix and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours or freeze.
- More Carbs: Serve with rice, sweet potato or quinoa.