These are a great breakfast to make ahead of time and heat up in the morning when you need a quick and nutritious breakfast. They're also a great alternative to high sugar muffins and a great options for the kiddos!
- 9 Organic, Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Organic Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1/2 cup Red or Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup Organic Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Organic Kale or Spinach Leaves, packed and finely sliced
- Add roasted tomatoes.
- Add organic chili or hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together eggs, almond milk and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside. You can sub coconut milk for almond if you like.
- Heat ghee or olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and mushroom and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and kale and continue to sauté just until kale is wilted. Remove from heat and add to mixing bowl with eggs. Mix well.
- Line a muffin tray with liners (parchment paper cups work best). Evenly distribute the egg/kale mixture across the muffin tin leaving some room at the top as the egg will rise. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing the liners. Enjoy!