This is a super simple recipe and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. I am obsesses with pretty much anything maple flavored and these glazed almonds are a low-sugar way to get my fix. I like to put a handful in a ziplock baggie and sneak them into the movies with me as a healthy, satisfying alternative to the junky snacks at the concessions stand. Shhh, don't tell!
- 1 cup Organic Raw Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1 tsp Organic Cinnamon
- Place almonds in a frying pan and toast over medium heat. When slightly browned, add maple syrup and cinnamon and stir well. Turn heat down to low and continuously stir almonds until they become sticky (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and spread almonds onto a piece of parchment paper. Let dry for 10 minutes.
- When cool, break apart and place single portions in snack-sized baggies for an easy grab-and-go snack.
No Almonds: Use pecans, walnuts or pumpkin seeds instead.