Chia pudding is a great grab and go option when you need something super nutritious and filling for breakfast or a sweet low-sugar snack. You can make these ahead and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days. This recipe sounds summery but is delicious any time of year.
- 3 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest (finely minced)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or honey)
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chia Seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk in the seeds and stir in the blueberries. Let sit in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, divide between bowls or mason jars.
- Optional Toppings: Fresh berries, sliced kiwi, coconut, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, sliced banana or bee pollen.
- Add Some Color: Puree the mixture with the berries before pouring into mason jars. This is a great option for picky kiddos.
- Leftovers: Keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days