This is a decadently rich and nourishing breakfast that's ideal for a ketogenic or low-carb diet. It's delicious, super satisfying and will provide serious brain power to get you through your day.
Makes 2 Servings.
- 1 Avocado, sliced and pitted
2 Eggs, organic and pasture-raised (I like Misty Meadows Farms)
1 tsp Ghee, organic, grass-fed (melted)
1 Sea Salt & Black Pepper (Use a pinch or so for each half.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the avocado in half and scoop out a little flesh from each half to make room for the eggs. Season with a little salt and pepper and place face-up on a baking sheet.
- Crack an egg in each half of the avocado and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs. Enjoy!
- Melt 1/2 tsp ghee on the top of each egg and add a little more salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice. Enjoy!
On The Go: Hardboil the eggs, mash with a fork then stuff them into the avocado halves for a more portable meal.
No Ghee: Use a little truffle oil instead.
Make It Fancy: Ad some fresh chopped herbs like parsley, cilantro, thyme, basil or rosemary.
Spice It Up: Add a little organic sriracha or samba before adding the egg.