Loaded with Vitamins A, K and potassium, dandelion greens pack a nutritional punch. Serve them raw in this salad recipe with fresh, organic goat cheese and apples for added flavor. If you don't have organic apples in season, substitute any firm fruit that's in season. You can embellish this salad by sprinkling in any of our 'SuperSalad Substitutions' listed below.
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- 3 T. vegetable or nut oil
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, washed and dried, stems removed
- 1/4 lb fresh white goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Whisk vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over greens and toss lightly.
- Top with goat cheese, nuts and apple.
SuperSalad Substitutions (or Add-ins)
- Baby Spinach
- Shredded Carrots
- Yellow Pepper (diced)
- Pomegranate seeds