This is a delicious spring soup with clean flavors that still manages to be hearty and satisfying. Best enjoyed al fresco with a glass of fabulous white wine.
- 2 Tbsp Organic, Grass-Fed Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 2 Organic French Shallots, chopped
- 6 stalks Organic Celery, chopped
- 4 Organic Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Organic Chives, minced
- Zest of 1 Organic Lemon, minced
- 4 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bunch Organic Asparagus (woody ends snapped off)
- 2 tsps Hemp Seeds
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add shallots and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes or until veggies are slightly softened. Add minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add broth, sea salt and black pepper to the stock pot. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Remove lid and add asparagus. Cover and heat for another 5 minutes or until bright green.
- Add hemp seeds, baby spinach, most of the chives and lemon zest (reserving enough for garnish) to your pot and puree soup right in the pot with a hand blender or transfer to a blender/food processor and puree.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining lemon zest and chives. Enjoy!
- No Hemp Seeds: Use cashews or macadamia nuts instead
- Add Some Crunch: Set aside a few spears of asparagus, roast before serving and use as a garnish
- No Spinach: Use kale, Swiss chard or any other leafy green
- Make it Creamier: Swirl in a Tbsp of coconut cream to each bowl