- 4 Zucchini, organic (large)
- 1 cup Basil Leaves, organic
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, organic
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, organic
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 4 Egg (Organic, Pasture-Raised)
- Spiralize your zucchinis into noodles and set aside.
- In a food processor combine basil, spinach, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice
- Fry your eggs in a skillet with ghee or poach them in a small sauce pan with water and vinegar. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towel.
- You can serve this dish in two ways: For a cold dish, toss your zucchini noodles in desired amount of pesto, top with a fried or poached egg and serve. Or, for a warm dish, heat a bit of olive oil in the skillet and saute your noodles until warmed through, add pesto and work it around with tongs to evenly distribute. Transfer to bowls and top with a fried egg. Enjoy!
Nut-Free - Use sunflower or pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts
No Spinach - Use kale or any other dark leafy green
No Egg - Top with a filet of wild salmon instead
Vegan - Skip the egg and top with beans, lentils or chickpeas instead