4 Eggs, lightly beaten (Organic, free-range, soy-free or high Omega-3)
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced shallot or onion
1/2 cup spinach, kale or chard, torn into medium-sized pieces
3/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper (or other pepper of your choice)
1/4 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp of fresh minced garlic OR 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste
1 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
3 TBSP chopped green onions (about 2)
1/2 avocado, sliced
- Gently beat 4 eggs together in medium bowl until yolks are broken up and mixed well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the greens, shallots and peppers and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes. Stir if needed to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle vegetables with the coriander, cumin, garlic and salt and continue cooking until just incorporated and fragrant, 1 minute or so.
- Pour in the egg mixture and add the turmeric, and cook until the mixture is warmed completely, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan; garnish scramble with green onion and sliced avocado.
This is a great morning dish, and you can change it up with whatever ingredients you have on hand: mushrooms, pinto or black beans, even salsa!
Quick note: Turmeric stains! Don't get it on your clothes!