- 1 1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 15 dates)
- 1 cup cashews, roasted
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or almond)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper ans set aside.
- Chop the dates and soak them in water for about 1 hour, then drain.
- Combine dates and all other ingredients except the water and 1/4 cup of the coconut, and process in a food processor or blender until a dough forms, adding 1-2 tbsp of water if necessary.
- Press the dough into the lined brownie pan so it's about 1/2 inch thick, smoothing the top as evenly as possible.
- Cover the top with the remaining coconut, lightly pressing it into the top and sides of the dough.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into squares or rectangles and store in the fridge. Enjoy!