Wild salmon filets, skin on (I like the wild sockeye in the freezer section at Trader Joe’s)
Fresh lemon wedges
Extra virgin olive oil
Seasoning salt of your choice (I like Trader Joe’s Garlic Salt)
Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Spray enough oil to coat a non-stick skillet and heat on med-high flame until pan is hot (about 1 minute depending on pan).
2. While pan is heating, brush salmon filets (non skin side) with olive oil, squeeze fresh lemon juice over them and dust with seasoning salt.
3. Add salmon to pan skin side down. Cook until fish is opaque halfway up the side of the filet.
4. Flip filets over, remove skin and discard.
5.Brush filets on top side with olive oil, squeeze lemon juice over them and dust with more seasoning salt if it is low-sodium. If it’s not low-sodium, one side may be enough, so be careful not to over-salt.
6. Cook on second side for about 2 minutes or until the side of the filet is opaque.
*This recipe works for any type of fish, but cooking time may differ.